Dear valued Customers
We regret to inform you about the ongoing outage as of late (if not done via phone and direct email). The current situation is as follows:
- Since 5 a.m. we have seen increased access numbers on our infrastructure, which over time have led to inaccessibility
- This is a DDoS attack by the Fancy Lazarus group
- This group has accordingly also requested Bitcoin payment from us in order not to be the target of their attack in the future.
- There are articles about this group and similar DDoS attacks (New Zealand Stock Exchange), one of them under ZDNET - https://www.zdnet.de/88395308/erneute-welle-von-ddos-erpressungen-durch-fancy-lazarus /
- All services are available internally and online, but hardly or not at all accessible from the outside
- The integrity and security of your data is not endangered and we constantly monitor the infrastructure
- Little by little, more and more services are available again and offer the usual availability
- As soon as this is the case, we will of course inform you immediately
- At the same time, of course, we are examining legal steps, although these do not have much chance of success
We regret the problems caused by the failure and are working with all available resources to restore our services. We are at your disposal for any questions at any time, but please give us some time to process all incoming inquiries.
Restoring all services is currently our top priority and as soon as we have more information, we will release a more detailed statement regarding the matter.
NETWAYS Web Services